You are reading

VIDEO: Whitestone Republican Club Hosts Maskless Holiday Party

Party-goers including council candidate Vickie Palladino (front) at the Whitestone Republican Club holiday party on Dec. 9 (Matt Binder/ Twitter)

Dec. 22, 2020 By Allie Griffin

Members of the Whitestone Republican Club ditched masks and social distancing rules at an indoor holiday party earlier this month, video shows.

Party-goers — including Northeast Queens City Council candidate Vickie Palladino — flouted COVID-19 rules when they formed a 15-person conga line at the holiday party on Dec. 9, a video posted to Twitter shows.

Roughly 50 people are shown either dancing or seated at tables at the holiday party. Just a single person can be seen wearing a mask in the video posted by journalist Matt Binder.

Neither attendees who took to the dance floor to boogie to the Bee Gees or those seated at round tables wore masks, the video shows.

The Republican club hosted the holiday party inside Il Bacco Restaurant in Little Neck. The restaurant made the news this summer when its owners sued Governor Andrew Cuomo over his shutdown of indoor dining.

Indoor dining was permitted in New York City — at 25 percent capacity — at the time of the holiday party on Dec. 9.

The maskless conga line doesn’t appear to be a one-off during the party. Other photos and videos of the gathering posted to social media also show attendees failing to wear masks that help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Palladino, who led the conga line, is running to replace Council Member Paul Vallone, who is term-limited.

Neither Palladino or the Whitestone Republican Club returned a request for comment by the time of publication.

The video posted to Twitter has more than two million views.

email the author: [email protected]
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Urgent manhunt underway for ‘animal’ who allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl in Flushing park on Thursday: NYPD

The NYPD announced a $10,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to the arrest of a Hispanic man who allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl in a wooded area of Kissena Corridor Park on Thursday afternoon.

More than sixty investigators were at the crime scene late into the night. During a press briefing by NYPD brass on Friday, Chief of Department Jeffrey Maddrey said that the manhunt was expanded city-wide and that the department would spare no expense until the suspect was apprehended.

Op-ed: Protecting Forest Hills Stadium

Jun. 14, 2024 By Thomas Grech

After more than a decade since its rebirth, it is unfathomable to consider Forest Hills without our venerable 101-year-old Forest Hills Stadium. The iconic venue is an asset to our community in so many ways – from creating jobs, to supporting local organizations, to providing invaluable links to our community’s rich history. Amazingly, a small band of unrealists who fail to understand that communities are constructed on the mutual grace and respect of our neighbors, want to shut down Forest Hills Stadium for good.

Op-ed: Congestion pricing would do much more harm than good for New Yorkers

Jun. 11, 2024 By Assemblymember David I. Weprin

Like many residents throughout the five boroughs and across the New York Metro Area, I was pleasantly surprised by Governor Kathy Hochul’s decision to “indefinitely pause” the implementation of Congestion Pricing. Rather than seeing this as a cynical calculation, as some have alleged, I see the Governor’s decision as a deeply pragmatic response to the crescendo of public concerns that I and many others have raised for years. As the countdown to the June 30 implementation date neared, everyday New Yorkers did what we do best: we spoke up for ourselves and said we won’t accept a bad deal! I applaud Governor Hochul for having the courage not just to listen to us but to take a tough stand against this misguided policy.