You are reading

Two Black Teens Arrested for Assaulting Woman in Anti-White Attack on Bus in Woodhaven: NYPD

Two black teenage girls were arrested Tuesday for attacking a white woman who was riding an MTA bus in Woodhaven earlier this month (Photos: NYPD and DOT)

July 27, 2022 By Michael Dorgan

Two black teenage girls were arrested Tuesday for attacking a woman who was riding an MTA bus in Woodhaven earlier this month, in what police are investigating as an anti-white assault.

The two teens, aged 15 and 16, were charged with assault and aggravated harassment as a hate crime for striking 57-year-old Jill LeCroix in the head with an unknown object on July 9. LeCroix, who is white, was riding a Rockaway-bound Q53 bus near Jamaica Ave. and Woodhaven Blvd. when she was allegedly attacked by the teens, police said.

Police say the teens also hurled anti-white epithets at the woman during the confrontation.

“I hate white people…the way they talk,” one of the suspects allegedly said to the victim, according to the New York Daily News.

One other suspect, who was with the pair at the time of the alleged assault, is still being sought by police.

Assemblywoman Jenifer Rajkumar took to Twitter yesterday to thank the NYPD for apprehending the suspects. In the days following the incident, Rajkumar hosted a rally in Woodhaven condemning the alleged racist attack —and hate crimes in general.

“I am gratified to report that the perpetrators of the violent assault in my district have been arrested and charged,” Rajkumar wrote.

“There will be no place for hate and crime in my district.”

Councilmember Robert Holden also thanked the police on Twitter.

“Racial violence has no place in NYC,” he wrote.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

7 Comments

Click for Comments 
Allan Pearl

Will these dark complexioned hateful miscreants be tried as minors or adults? This goees to prove there are black and white racists!

Reply
Captain Obvious

Well done. Hopefully they are locked up for some time despite the media silence on this and local Politicians not acknowledging the incident. Not one made a public statement on denouncing this heinous act like they do for others. Odd, no?

19
2
Reply
FlushTownB

“local Politicians not acknowledging the incident”??

There is literally a quote from the Assemblywoman and Councilman in the article.

3
10
Reply
Captain Obvious

Right but where are all the local leaders and why haven’t any of them “denounced the hatred” like they do with every other hate crime? That is my point.

12
2
Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Rego Park sex offender pleads guilty to charges of sexually exploiting young girls on Long Island: Feds

A convicted sex offender from Rego Park pleaded guilty to sexual exploitation of a child and admitted to soliciting and receiving sexually explicit images and videos from four young girls during a plea hearing in the federal courthouse in Central Islip on Friday. Anthony Pangallo, 41, faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 25 years’ imprisonment and up to 50 years in prison.

According to court filings and statements during the plea proceeding, Pangallo was initially arrested on May 20, 2021, at his Rego Park residence, on state charges filed in Westport, Connecticut. Those charges, which remain pending, involved a 15-year-old victim whom Pangallo met online and manipulated into sending him sexually explicit images of herself.

Queens Together launches ‘Unofficial US Open Dining Guide’ encouraging fans to sample restaurants along the 7 line

Aug. 20, 2025 By Shane O’Brien

The US Open returns to Flushing Meadows Corona Park this Sunday, with more than 1 million attendees anticipated to take mass transit to the iconic annual tennis event. With hundreds of thousands of fans set to take the 7 out to the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, there is a world of delicious local eateries lying beneath the elevated train tracks should any fan wish to stop en-route to the US Open.

Can Queens’ food scene thrive with both trucks and restaurants?

Aug. 19, 2025 By Jessica Militello

In Jackson Heights at 4 p.m. on a Thursday afternoon, Roosevelt Avenue is buzzing with energy as commuters file in and out of subway cars and onto the street and cars and trucks grapple to get down the busy road. The street is filled with rows of shops and restaurants, along with food carts, street vendors and food trucks along the avenue. The almost-but-not-quite the weekend lag leaves hungry commuters faced with another choice to make throughout their day and the array of food truck options in busy areas like Jackson Heights offers customers convenience and delicious food without breaking the bank, two features that can feel vital, particularly with rising costs of living and pressure from inflation.