July 27, 2018 By Tara Law
A Metropolitan Avenue Thai restaurant has been temporarily closed by the Department of Health.
Star of Siam, which is located at 103-18 Metropolitan Ave., was closed after an inspection on July 24.
The restaurant was slapped with 43 sanitary violation points for several violations, including live roaches and evidence of mice or live mice.
The inspector described the following violations. The first three were listed as critical.
1) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
2) Live roaches present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
3) Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.
4) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
5) Non-food contact surface improperly constructed. Unacceptable material used. Non-food contact surface or equipment improperly maintained and/or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.
close it down completely