You are reading

New Housing Lottery Opens for 267 Apartments in Forest Hills Mixed-Income Development

Rendering of Apex Place central green area (Phipps Houses)

Sept. 20, 2021 By Allie Griffin

A housing lottery has opened for 267 apartments in a new affordable development in Forest Hills.

The units, which are located in two of a three-building development, are open to residents who fit low-, moderate- and middle-income categories.

The apartments are part of a development operated by Phipps Houses, known as Apex Place — which consists of two 13-story buildings and one 17-story building.

The three buildings will house a total of 441 units — all of which will be affordable to low-income and middle-income residents. They will be available through the city’s housing lottery system.

The 267 units are located in two buildings, with one being at 62-11 108th St. and the other at 108-75 62nd Dr. The third building, with an address of 108-60 Horace Harding Expressway, will have 174 affordable units and a lottery for these apartments will be held in the future.

The units in the current lottery are available to people who make between 50 percent and 140 percent of the area median income (AMI) — or between $27,498 and $207,200 annually. Half of the units are reserved for residents of Queens Community District 6.

There is a mix of studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom and three-bedroom units up for grabs through the lottery.

Rents start as low as $738 a month for a studio for one to two people who make 50 percent of the AMI or between $27,498 and $47,750 combined annually. There are five studios available through the lottery for that price.

The units at the high end go for $2,975 a month and are 3 bedroom apartments. They are available for households that make 140 percent of the AMI or between $105,943 and $207,200—depending on family size—combined annually. There are eight such units available for that price through the lottery.

The majority of apartments available are one- and two-bedroom units which range in price from $930 a month to $2,582 — depending on the household income level.

Full income requirements and rent prices can be found online.

All units in the development have dishwashers, air conditioning, spacious closets and large windows.

Apex Place also features roof decks, children’s playrooms, fitness rooms and laundry facilities as well as a four-story parking garage and landscaped grounds.

The deadline to apply to the housing lottery is Nov. 16. Mailed applications must be postmarked by that date.

Those eligible can apply to the housing lottery online here.

To request an application by mail, send a self-addressed envelope to Apex Place Apartments, Box 257, 353 Third Ave., New York, NY 10010.

Apex Place (Phipps Houses)

email the author: [email protected]

28 Comments

Click for Comments
Maria Cotto Camacho

I need a 3 bedroom apartment I live with my 91 year old mother who uses a walker and a wheelchair , my sister and I please I need an application

Diann

I live in one of the buildings adjacent to the New Apex Apts. My brother in law applied, who is in need of a apt. close by to us. This would of BEEN perfect! He filled out the application when they said to, sent it back to him in December, Unopened saying not such address! He is now back to Square one! Don’t build up your hopes!!!

Russell briggs

I recently filled a application for housing got no response changed any information please send here still looking for a place

Bedrich

hi I only have a daughter here I have after hip surgery, But my daughter left me completely alone I would like to get such a small studio apartment

Luz M. Figueroa

I receive social security and pension. Am I eligible for these apartments. My daughter is a teacher.

Maria Wickline

Good Afternoon, just trying to find out the phone number for property:
APEX PLACE APARTMENTS,
BOX 257, 353 THIRD AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10010
If someone can Please advise me I would greatly appreciate it as it pertains to my NYC Housing connect application. Thank you

Catherine Molyneux

I am interested in obtaining a one bedroom apartment in lottery building. Please advise on how I can receive an application. Thanks for acknowledging my request.

Carlos Andrade

Hi mane is Carlos Andrade I m 68 years old retired me end my wife we need a 1 bedroom apartment so please help us to get 9ne the money rent never will be late because my social end my pension is on 1 day of the month so thank you very much God bless anerica

Clifford Jerome

To Whom It May Concern:
Help me to have a 2 bedrooms apartments. Thanks for your kind consideration. God bless you.

Daisy Duke

Apartments r small, garage has limited parking spaces and us $250 a month per car, schools are already overcrowded, bus service takes forever and when they come there r 2 at a time . Phipps is known as the worse slumlord, since Dump.

Elizabeth Levy

I am senior citizen& would like to have a application for APEX place apartments !!! Thank you

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

Recent News

Popular places where you can watch the Super Bowl in Queens

Feb. 2, 2023 By Tammy Scileppi

Hey, football fans! Game time is fast approaching, and across the city and here in Queens, you can feel the excitement brewing as the two teams prepare to take the field on Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 12. So, kick back and watch the big game, and don’t miss Rihanna’s exciting performance during halftime.

NYPD’s Hate Crime Task Force investigating vandalism at Forest Hills church that has been targeted in the past

The NYPD’s Hate Crimes Task Force is investigating a case of criminal mischief at a Forest Hills house of worship in which a vandal threw a rock to intentionally damage its glass front door, according to authorities.

Police say that just before 4 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 29, police from the 112th Precinct were called to Grace Lutheran Church, located at 103-15 Union Tpke., after a man threw a rock and damaged the church’s front door.

Borough president hears from community members on budget needs throughout Queens

During a two-day public hearing on the mayor’s 2024 preliminary budget, Queens Borough President Donovan Richards Jr. listened to testimonies from 14 community board representatives, community stakeholders and members of the public on where the money should be spent in Queens.

The public hearings were held both in-person and via Zoom on Monday, Jan. 30, and Tuesday, Jan. 31, at Queens Borough Hall. The testimonials will be used to develop the Queens Borough Board’s FY24 preliminary budget priorities in the coming weeks.

‘He didn’t deserve to die’: Borough President Richards leads emotional candlelight vigil for Tyre Nichols

Queens Borough President Donovan Richards held a candlelight vigil for Tyre Nichols outside Queens Borough Hall Monday, Jan. 30 after Nichols’ death at the hands of police officers in Memphis, Tenn., made national headlines for the brutality in which the officers beat him.

Almost immediately after news broke about Nichols’ death, the Memphis police officers who beat him to death were fired and charged with murder. The police department released the body cam footage of the fatal beating on Jan. 27, but many people, including some at the vigil, have refused to watch it due to its extremely graphic nature.

BP launches new advisory panel for youth to become civically engaged in the future of Queens

In an effort to get more young people involved in civics, Queens Borough President Donovan Richards has created a new advisory panel known as the Youth and Young Adult Council to introduce the “youngest and fiercest” community advocates to both community service and organization.

Members of the advisory body will advocate concerns through means of community engagement by participating in one of two cohorts. The first will be made up of high school representatives between the ages of 13 and 17, while the second cohort will be comprised of young adults between the ages of 18 and 25.