Feb. 5, 2018 By Tara Law
A 120-year-old Kew Gardens house will be demolished and an 8-story residential building will be built in its place.
Demolition permits for the 3-story, 2-family Tudor home at 117-03 Curzon Rd were filed in December. The house dates back to the construction of Kew Gardens as one of seven planned garden communities built in Queens between the late 19th century and 1950.
The property was purchased for $1.5 million in May.
The new 20-unit structure will be 80 feet tall and 14,498 square feet, according to Buildings Dept. filings.
The building will feature a rooftop terrace. A storage room and laundry room will be located in the cellar, and an entry foyer will be on the first floor.
The location is two blocks from Forest Park and six blocks from the Kew Gardens Long Island Railroad station. It is also seven blocks from the 121 Street subway station, which connects to the J and Z lines.
The property is owned by Morris Dayan of EEC Group Inc., and T.F. Cusanelli and Filletti Architecture is responsible for the design.