You are reading

WATCH: 66-Year-Old Straphanger Randomly Sucker-Punched at Jackson Heights Subway Station

The suspect (L) and the victim (R), who was sucker-punched at a Jackson Heights subway station last month (Photos NYPD)

Nov. 11, 2021 By Michael Dorgan

Police have released video of a 66-year-old man being punched in the face in an unprovoked attack at a Jackson Heights subway station last month.

The victim was walking inside the 74th Street-Roosevelt Avenue station on Oct. 31 at around 4 p.m. when the perpetrator approached him and sucker-punched him without cause, police said.

The video shows the straphanger being hit and then slumping to the ground. Police said he suffered a broken jaw.

The suspect then fled the scene on a Flushing bound 7 train, cops said.

The assailant is described as black, between 5 feet 6 inches, and 5 feet 8 inches tall. He weighs around 160 pounds and was last seen wearing a blue-colored mask, blue headphones, a black jacket, black pants and pink sneakers.

Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).

The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the CrimeStoppers website at https://crimestoppers.nypdonline.org/ or on Twitter @NYPDTips. All calls are strictly confidential.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

2 Comments

Click for Comments 
Ben Weissman

Biden’s America!!! All these white people being attacked by black people. Hate crimes in abundance. When will it end?

Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Rego Park sex offender pleads guilty to charges of sexually exploiting young girls on Long Island: Feds

A convicted sex offender from Rego Park pleaded guilty to sexual exploitation of a child and admitted to soliciting and receiving sexually explicit images and videos from four young girls during a plea hearing in the federal courthouse in Central Islip on Friday. Anthony Pangallo, 41, faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 25 years’ imprisonment and up to 50 years in prison.

According to court filings and statements during the plea proceeding, Pangallo was initially arrested on May 20, 2021, at his Rego Park residence, on state charges filed in Westport, Connecticut. Those charges, which remain pending, involved a 15-year-old victim whom Pangallo met online and manipulated into sending him sexually explicit images of herself.

Queens Together launches ‘Unofficial US Open Dining Guide’ encouraging fans to sample restaurants along the 7 line

Aug. 20, 2025 By Shane O’Brien

The US Open returns to Flushing Meadows Corona Park this Sunday, with more than 1 million attendees anticipated to take mass transit to the iconic annual tennis event. With hundreds of thousands of fans set to take the 7 out to the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, there is a world of delicious local eateries lying beneath the elevated train tracks should any fan wish to stop en-route to the US Open.

Can Queens’ food scene thrive with both trucks and restaurants?

Aug. 19, 2025 By Jessica Militello

In Jackson Heights at 4 p.m. on a Thursday afternoon, Roosevelt Avenue is buzzing with energy as commuters file in and out of subway cars and onto the street and cars and trucks grapple to get down the busy road. The street is filled with rows of shops and restaurants, along with food carts, street vendors and food trucks along the avenue. The almost-but-not-quite the weekend lag leaves hungry commuters faced with another choice to make throughout their day and the array of food truck options in busy areas like Jackson Heights offers customers convenience and delicious food without breaking the bank, two features that can feel vital, particularly with rising costs of living and pressure from inflation.